Using this technique you can create your own desired Icons. In this tutorial we will design Home Icon in Photoshop. It will look very long Tutorial, because I want to give better look. So here you go:
1. First of all take a new file of any size, I’m going to take 500x500px file with RGB color mode and 72 Resolution:
2. Create New Layer and Pick Pen Tool and draw the shape like following. Right click anywhere and select Make Selection, give 0 in feather and hit ok, then fill it with any color. (you will have to do all this if after selecting Pen tool in Top Property Toolbar you have selected Paths icon)
3. Now we have to give some effects on it, I’ll be using Inner Shadow and Gradient Overlay. Run the command Layer >> Layer Style >> Inner Shadow first and then Layer >> Layer Style >> Gradient Overlay and give the following values:
4. Press Ctrl+J to duplicate this layer, now press Ctrl+T and right click on it and select Flip Horizontal and press <enter> key. Now move this part towards right side of the previous part, so that their edges touch each other like:
5. To bring Reality we are going to change its Inner Shadow and Gradient Overlay settings. Run the commands again (Layer >> Layer Styles >> Inner Shadow and then Gradient Overlay) and give the followng values this time:
6. Create new layer and while using Pen tool draw the shape as follows, and don’t forget to convert it to selection and fill it with any color:
7. Duplicate this layer and press Ctrl+T and right click on it and select Flip Horizontal. Move this newly created layer towards the right side of the previous shape so that their edges touch each other.
8. Now while using Pen tool, draw the remaining part of the home and fill it with any color like:
9. We have to give some effects on this layer. So we have to use Inner Shadow, Inner Glow and Gradient Overlay. Give the following values in relevant options:
10. Now select Roof’s bottom black parts (both layers) and press Ctrl+E to merge these. Now press Ctrl+J to duplicate this:
11. Press Ctrl+[ to send this layer back to the original one and run the command Filter >> Blur >> Gaussian Blur and give value 13px and hit ok, you will get this:
12. Now pick Rectangle tool and draw a small rectangle (we are going to make door so draw rectangle at door’s place) like the following and fill it with any color:
13. We have to give some effects on this door layer. Run the commands Inner Shadows, Inner Glow and Gradient Overlay (in Layer >> Layer Style menu) and give the following values:
14. Now we are going to give some details to door. Take Rounded rectangular tool and in Top property box in Radius type 3px and draw a small box over the door:
15. Goto its Blending Options (or Layer >> Layer Styles) and give the following Styles to it:
16. After hitting OK, press Ctrl+J to duplicate it and move it down.
17. Now we are going to make a Handle of the door. While using Elliptical tool draw a small circle and rasterize this layer by right click on its name and selecting Rasterize Layer.
18. Give it the following Blending Options:
19. Now using Pen tool draw the Shade on the Door like:
20. give it the following Blending Options:
21. Now draw another shape under this shape and fill it with black.
22. Now select these two Shades Layer and press Ctrl+E to merge these. Press Ctrl+J to copy it and move it below the Door like:
23. Now draw a Strip at the bottom of House (this layer must be over the House Wall layer).
Give it the following Blending Options:
24. We are going to make a small window over the Door in the middle of the house. By using Rectangle Tool draw a Square in the middle of the house just below the Roof like:
Give it the following Blending option:
25. Now by using Rectangle Tool draw two Vertical and Horizontal Strips like a Cross as:
and give the following properties to it:
26. Now we are going to make Chimney, select the Background layer and by using Rectangle tool draw black strip towards the right side of the house as:
Give it the following Blending Options:
27. By using Pen tool draw Small shape over the Chimney. Here is the final shape: