Coreldraw users must be knowing Fit Text to Path command. By using this command you can wrap text around shapes like in Circle, like curves, square, rectangle, star etc. If you want to do this technique in Photoshop then you have to install Photoshop CS, because in older versions you can’t do this. So this Photoshop Tutorial will teach you how to wrap text around shapes.
1. Take file of any size with any bg.
2. Now you can make your desire path by using either Pen Tool or any shape tool. For example if you want to wrap text around Circle then you have to make the Circle by using Ellipse Tool (or by pressing U) but selecting Paths icon from the top property toolbar. So here we will be using Circle. So pick Ellipse tool and draw a circle or ellipse (To draw a circle just hold Shift key). Before drawing must take a new layer from Layer Panel and if you have drawn Elliptical path and you want to move it, just use Path Selection Tool or just press A and drag the shape to any other place.
3. Now pick Horizontal Type Tool or just press T and move mouse pointer near the path you just have draw. You will see the Mouse pointer will change its shape. Move the pointer to your desire place and just click there and start typing your desire text.
4. If you want to move the text, mean if it didn’t start from your desire position, or if you want to write text on the other side of shape then pick Path Selection Tool and move Mouse Pointer near the text, you will see the Pointer will change and an arrow will come towards left or right side of the pointer, if pointer changed then hold left click down and move the pointer. If you move the pointer while staying outside of the shape then it will move the position of text and if you will move the pointer inside the shape then text will come on the other side of the shape, like:
5. So you can also use Pen tool and after drawing any path (without converting that path to selection please) just take Horizontal Type tool and like you have written around Circle you can write your text around any shape, as I’ve done below:
Enjoy!!! and don’t forget to write your comments, Thanks!!!