Very short and simple technique to make Wooden board or background in Photoshop.
1. Create a new file of any size, I’m going to take 560x400px with 72 resolution and RGB color mode. Fill it with any color.
2. Now bring #701f02 color in Foreground and #df9651 color in background. Now run the command Filter >> Render >> Clouds, you will get something like this:
3. Now run the command Filter >> Blur >> Motion Blur, give the following settings:
you will get something like this:
4. Now run the command Filter >> Artistic >> Dry Brush and give the following settings:
this kind of result should come:
5. Press Ctrl+J to copy it & change Blending Option to Overlay (from layer panel) & Goto Filter >> Other >> High Pass, give the following settings:
here is the final Wooden board you will get: