Nowadays, there are numerous blogs running different kinds of contests. However, many people don’t bother participating since they think winning is impossible. The following are some tips which could make you come out tops in blog contest.
This is the first basic step. If you don’t participate, you cannot enjoy the rewards. However, don’t just focus on the large blogs. There are many mid-size and small blogs which hold contests that you could participate in.
2. Evaluate the Competition:
Don’t be in a hurry to enter any blog contest. You will not get any credit by being the first. Before submitting your entry, you need to sit back and evaluate the other competitors. Find out what they are doing and how far they have progresses. This will enable you to see how much work you need to put in to stand a chance.
Once you have an idea what your competition is up to, you should over-deliver to upstage them. You can do this in several ways:
- Create a new blog specifically for the contest
- Use audio or video
- Show off your talents, skills or humor
- Hint about your association with famous individuals
4. Evaluate your assets:
Take stock of all the offline and online assets that you have access to. This is especially vital if the contest involves voting by the public. For instance, do you have a rapport with the members of a forum? Do you have a significant number of subscribers on your blog? The following are some of the assets you need to take advantage of:
- Family, friends and business associates
- Blogging communities
- Social networking and bookmarking sites
- Forums which you are a part of
5. Promote yourself:
Once you have identified your assets, use them to promote yourself and to ask for support. If you don’t get out there, no one will know or care. It is therefore very important to build a relationship with the individuals who might end up supporting or even judging you. This can be done in different ways:
- Getting exposure by submitting guest posts to other blogs in your niche. Make sure you ask for support in the bio section of the post.
- Participating actively in the blog hosting the contest
- Leveraging social media sites
6. Lose Graciously:
Whether you lose or win the contest is not important. What really matters is how you played. If you use dirty tactics, people will remember and this will reduce your likelihood of winning in future contests. However, if you play according to the rules, you will build trust and stand a better chance next time.