If you are like most online business owners, you are constantly searching for the best way to stay ahead of the competition. Truth be told, the online business environment is highly competitive and only the most innovative businesses are able to stay afloat. With over 3.6 billion internet users up for grabs according to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the vicious competition is easy to understand. While there are many ways of marketing your online business, leveraging search through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) remains the most viable technique. If you are not harnessing the power of search, you are likely to struggle.
The Place of SEO in Internet Marketing:
To appreciate how important search engines are in your marketing campaign, consider that search remains the #1 driver of traffic to content websites. So effective is search that it beats social media by over 300% when it comes to boosting site traffic. It gets even better; 93% of all online experiences start with a search engine according to a recent survey published by Search Engine Land.
Considering that 75% of all internet users don’t bother to scroll past the first page of search engine result pages (SERPs), it becomes obvious why you need to invest in search engine optimization (SEO). To put it simply, if you are not ranking highly on SERPs for your target audience, your business simply doesn’t exist.
Today, millions of websites are being indexed but only a small percentage of these are meeting their revenue goals. It all boils down to your marketing strategy. While you might have the most beautiful website in your niche, it will not help you meet your objectives if you are not ranking highly on search engine results for your chosen keywords.
How to Bank on SEO Services to Meet Marketing Goals:
Among the main goals of any online business is increasing conversion rates, boosting website traffic, growing brand awareness and growing market reach. SEO remains the best strategy to help you achieve all these. At the back of your mind, remember most customers will find you through search and if your website is not ranking highly for the targeted keywords, you are playing a losing game.
It is understandable that most businesses don’t have the resources to run fully fledged in-house SEO campaigns. This is where the services of a reputable SEO company such as Armor Matrix SEO will come in handy. An SEO service brings on board the expertise and resources required to run a comprehensive SEO campaign. More importantly, they offer an objective or outsider view of your business which an in-house team cannot and this new perspective can unlock many opportunities for your business.
To achieve your marketing goals, there are some SEO services that a professional company offers. These include:
- Technical SEO audit – You can only manage what you know and as such, every SEO project should start with a comprehensive technical audit. This is to help identify the weak areas in your marketing campaign. These include missing and broken links, slow speed, poor architecture, spammy links, and duplicate content among others. Once these are identified, it is easy to come up with a concrete SEO plan.
- Keyword research and optimization – Keywords are important in helping search engines and internet users find your content. This makes keyword research among the most important SEO services. Different tools and techniques are used to create a shortlist of the keywords you can target for, which makes it easier for your content to rank highly on SERPs.
- Link building – This remains the most misunderstood SEO technique and for many good reasons. Many SEOs have misused link building and given this invaluable technique a bad name. When you use a qualified SEO company, you are assured your link building campaign will respect Google Webmaster Guidelines to avoid penalties.
- Content management – This includes content creation, editing, and publishing among other services. The place of content marketing in SEO cannot be gainsaid and with an expert working on this area for your benefit, you will always find relevant traffic landing on your pages.
- Social media marketing –From Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat, and LinkedIn to Google+, there are so many social media networks you can use to promote your brand. With millions of users, social media platforms are perfect for boosting your brand’s visibility and attracting traffic to your site.
- Page creation and optimization – Once your SEO team understands your business objectives and identifies keywords to use, they go forward and help create pages including Home Page, About Us, Contact Us, services and a blog. They will then optimize the pages for search engines through title tags, keyword use, Meta tags and descriptions, optimize the anchor texts, optimize images, and create links and much more.
There is so much more work that an SEO expert does for your marketing campaign. These experts ensure your pages convert, they reduce bounce rates, help avoid Google penalties and improve the overall user experience (UX). To enjoy all this, make sure you identify a reliable SEO company with a solid reputation in the industry and a good track record.