Can you relate to a situation where you are in the middle of something important, and all of a sudden, the cursor turns into a spinning beach ball? One Second, two Seconds, and a few more…. Until you burst out: Why is your Mac running slow?
Well, generally, Macs are considered to be faster when compared to Windows devices. However, it is not common for a Mac to slow down or freeze while opening applications. But don’t worry, you are not alone here!
Also, for more than a decade, many have encountered performance-related issues more than you. Luckily, we are here to fix them up for you!
Here is what you need to do!
Understanding Why your System is Slow:
Whether you have a 2013 device or own a bright new shiny 2020 Mac with maximum flash storage capacity. Believe us, it can turn slow as time passes. There could be several reasons, depending on which they can fall under the following categories.
- Your Personal Habits: If you have long working hours and prefer multitasking using loads of heavy applications, your Mac will definitely hang.
- Operating System of Mac: Remember, a new operating system of your device tends to perform better than the old one. But, as we all know, no system is perfect! You may experience permission problems and some errors that hamper performance too.
- Software Problems: Applications both pre-installed or the ones you downloaded from elsewhere. Such applications can take a lot of your resources leading to a Slow Mac Problem, if neglected. Therefore, keep a close eye on them.
- Hardware Problems: Don’t forget, every piece of hardware comes with a lifespan, and here, your Mac is no exception. Old hardware or lack of RAM can turn your machine into a dusty old box.
These are just some of the high-level reasons. Keep them in mind and you may find what is hanging up your machine.
Moving On to The Solutions!
Now that you have learned the reasons why your Mac Running Slow, here is what you can do to fix it. Below are the categories, you can go through:
- Manual Solution: It is the best for the experienced used, who don’t mind taking the time to do so. There are many things that you could do to fix your slow Mac.
- Quick Technical Solutions: This solution is the best for the beginners who are still working on their pace to implement manual fixes. Here, we recommend you to use third party You can run a periodic scan on your Mac and fix the problems.
Taking Care of System Resources:
Remember, Your system has countless resources available. Such resources can limit the processor cores and affect the space in the RAM. In this case, you must know how far you can push the device, and it will prevent both major and minor issues in terms of performance in the future. Some common tasks that might push the performance of your Mac are:
- Too many tabs in the browsers.
- Always hungry applications such as Photoshop, running in the background.
- You love playing high-resolution games.
- Working on images and videos.
- Doing two or more tasks mentioned above.
So, if you have access to more than 4 tabs in your browser, don’t be surprised if you come across memory issues. Try using Safari, it will help in the long run- You might need to curb your browser craving.