What is a business process? A business process refers to a set of tasks and activities that aim to achieve the organizational goal. These tasks and activities are repeatable operations that have clear start and endpoints.
If you want your business operations to run smoothly, you have to implement business process management (BPM) into your business strategy.
Since BPM can be a difficult and time-consuming task, more companies are opting for software solutions to help them better organize and manage their workflows.
Every business has a different workflow and some require specialized BPM software solutions. This refers mostly to chemistry, biology, pharmacology, and other science-oriented business. If this is your field of work read more here.
In this article, we will guide you through the five best software solutions suites and help you decide which one is the best for your business.
Monday.com is a project management and BPM software solutions used for managing and automating the business workflow. This software offers a single dashboard for planning, tracking, and delivering all your team’s work.
With Monday.com you can monitor your data with various views – a map view, a timeline view, a calendar view, etc. You will also get a wide range of pre-designed templates, a drag-and-drop interface for easier uploading, sharing, and file storage, and a search bar for easy file access.
This software can help you improve your team communication. You can leave comments, attach images, conduct video conferences, etc.
Other Monday.com features include:
- Insights into your budget, project status, workflow, etc.;
- Over 40 business tools;
- Synchronization with other apps of your choice;
- 24/7 customer support;
- iOS and Android compatibility;
- Workflow automation.
Monday.com is the best BPM software overall.
Here are some of the Monday.com customers’ success stories:
- Deezer claims that Monday.com helped them increase customer engagement by 483% in a matter of weeks.
- NHL claims that Monday.com saved them more than four weeks per custom app development cycle.
- Oscar claims that Monday.com saved them about 1,850 hours of staff time and around $50,000 a month.
Here is what your dashboard might look like if you opt for Monday.com.
Appian is a low-code intelligent business process management (iBPM) software that allows you to design, manage, automate, and execute your workflow. On its single interface, you will be able to access, view, and migrate all data.
This software can integrate with other business tools, such as Google AI, Oracle, Blue Prism, AWS, etc. This will allow you to carry out more business activities from a single platform.
Other Appian features include:
- Low-code development;
- Analytics and reports for a more accurate business process;
- Pre-built user interface;
- Drag-and-drop user interface development;
- Software and application development mobile app for real-time code testing.
Appian is best for data analytics, tracking market demands, and monitoring.
Here are some of the Appian customers’ success stories:
- Bayer claims that Appian helped them reduce clinical trial monitoring time from hours to minutes.
- Deloitte. claims that Appian helped them save 41,000 hours of manual work in one year.
- Aviva claims that Appian helped them accelerate customer response by 9x.
Here is what your dashboard might look like if you opt for Appian.
Nintex is another low-code BPM software. It comes with visual plans, maps, and business process management. This software supports workflow and robotic process automation and is suitable for many industries and departments.
Nintex allows you to personalize your dashboard and mark all the relevant processes and tasks. With its company-wide cooperation, virtual forms and information capturing, and real-time feedback, you can easily optimize your business process.
Other Nintex features include:
- Quick stakeholder configuration;
- Charges approval with a single click;
- Robotic Process Automation for repetitive work, document management, and document generating automation;
- Team engagement stats;
- Integration with other business apps, such as Adobe, Microsoft Office 365, Sharepoint, etc.
Nintex is best for business process mapping.
Here are some of the Nintex customers’ success stories:
- Microsoft claims that Nintex helped them decrease publishing errors by 20%.
- National Gallery Singapore claims that Nintex helped them reduce forms from 9 to 1.
- IOZ claims that Nintex helped them increase their profitability by 100% and reduce their total processes by 58%.
Here is what your dashboard might look like if you opt for Nintex.
ProcessMaker is yet another low-code BPM software designed for business workflow, forms, and processes automation. It allows you to add your forms, business users, and data connectors for optimal workflow and stronger collaboration.
Its Service Level Agreements dashboard enables you to monitor process data directly. With ProcesMaker you can build charts and reports with various business information and share them with your team.
Other ProcessMaker features include:
- Manual removal of tasks, bottlenecks, data silos, etc.;
- Synchronization with your email inbox or Slack for faster upcoming request processing;
- Drag-and-drop builder and modeler for designing tasks, project paths, decision forms, etc.;
- Scripting Engine for writing custom scripts in various programming languages;
- BPMN syntax checker.
ProcessMaker is best for medium-sized and large businesses.
Here are some of the ProcessMaker customer success stories:
- The Adecco Group claims that ProcessMaker helped them reduce customer support costs and centralize the company’s processes.
- Telefonica claims that ProcessMaker helped them automate over 100 processes and became more efficient with their business functions, such as finances, accounting, sales, human resources, marketing, etc.
- Lenovo claims that ProcessMaker helped them reduce customer-related processes by 4 days and keep their users up to date on current tasks and cases.
Here is what your dashboard might look like if you opt for ProcessMaker.
Process Street is a BPM software for managing team recurring schedules and procedures. It is a great software for task assignment, new client setup, employee onboarding, etc.
This software has a simple interface with keyboard shortcuts and a drag-and-drop function for quick document creation. You can assign checklist workflows and track the progress of your business tasks.
Other Process Street features include:
- Automatic notifications to your team upon the completion of each task;
- Process streamlining for third-party authorization;
- Zapier integration for connecting with more than 1000 business apps;
- Activity feed and audit trail function;
- The ability for sharing checklists with your team, tracking progress, and assigning a task to a specific team member;
- Customer support, training, and strategy consultation.
Process Street is best for small and medium-sized businesses.
Here are some of the Process Street customer success stories:
- Salesforce claims that Process Street helped them become innovative and agile.
- BentoBox claims that Process Street helped their team to move faster and helped them create transparency with their customers.
- Wodify claims that Process Street helped them inform their team member on upcoming tasks faster.
Here is what your dashboard might look like if you opt for Process Street software solutions.
When choosing a BPM software, consider your organizational goals, analyze your current process management position, and recognize what processes need improvement. Other things you need to consider are cost, usability, integration, responsiveness, and hosting.
We hope our article helped you better understand what to look for in BPM software and how to choose the one that best suits your business’ needs.
Travis Dillard is a business consultant and an organizational psychologist based in Arlington, Texas. Passionate about marketing, social networks, and business in general. In his spare time, he writes a lot about new business strategies and digital marketing for Seo Turnover.